Home Browse By Person Older people Housing Care Homes Care Homes for Older People - Aberdeenshire Council
Grampian CareData

Care Homes for Older People - Aberdeenshire Council

View Map
Care Homes for Older People - Aberdeenshire Council

Record Number: 3106

Carlton House
Arduthie Road
AB39 2DL

Phone: 01569 768402


As of April 1st 2002, there is no legal difference between residential homes and nursing homes and they are all now called Care Homes.

All Care Homes have to be flexible about the services they offer and will have to meet all aspects of the care and support required, including:

  • all meals, snacks and refreshments
  • assistance with continuing social and leisure pursuits
  • assistance with personal care and everyday activities
  • care and support 24 hours per day
  • individual rooms
  • nursing care and other special needs

Care homes are regulated by Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland (SCSWIS), also known as The Care Inspectorate.

Inspection Reports can be viewed and residents have the opportunity to give their views on the standards of care they receive as well as about the standard of the accommodation.

People who may consider moving into a Care Home are those who cannot have their needs met in their current living arrangements and who require specialist care and support to enable them to manage their social, emotional, personal care, and / or health care needs. These include people who have difficulties relating to:

  • ageing
  • illness
  • learning disabilities
  • mental health problems
  • physical disabilities
  • sensory impairment
  • substance misuse

Anyone who would like to consider moving into a Care Home will be able to discuss their needs with a professional during assessment. In some situations their doctor may be asked, with the individual's permission, for an opinion as to specific health needs.

There are 8 Aberdeenshire Council Care Homes throughout the area which offer an alternative for older people who require the type of care and support that cannot be provided at home. Every effort will be made to offer a place in the area of choice.

Keys and icons Rear view Keys Camera lens Perform the Samsung MAGICT260 Monitor Driver 1.0 function indicated on the Camera flash bottom line of the display.

Some people may wish to move to a home somewhere else in the country and this can be arranged.

Information on Individual Care Homes

Accommodation and facilities vary from home to home. Each home has it's own booklet and enquiries can be made direct to the Care Home Manager or to the Social Work Manager for Residential Care, Carlton House, Stonehaven, Tel: 01569 768407.

Short Breaks and Respite Care

All of the Care Homes are able to offer short breaks and respite care - Care Managers will be able to help with these arrangements. This type of care could be needed for a number of reasons:

  • to provide care and support following illness or a stay in hospital, in order to prepare for returning to home
  • before making the decision to move into a care home it is a way of trying it out to be sure that it is the right move to make
  • if care and support is being provided at home, having a short break in a Care Home gives the carer / carers an opportunity to have a holiday

Day Care and Support

Some of the homes may be able to offer day care and support, however there are also other options for day care and your Home Care Manager or Care Manager will be able to advise on local services.

Private and Voluntary Homes

Other Care Homes for older people are run by voluntary organisations and there are a number of homes run by the private sector. These homes will also be registered with The Care Inspectorate and are also subject to inspection.

More Information

Area Covered: Aberdeenshire

Aberdeenshire Coverage: Banff & Buchan / Buchan / Formartine / Garioch / Kincardine & Mearns / Marr

Notice something wrong? Notice something wrong?
Last Updated: 2018-06-14 10:02:48   
RSS Feeds