ENABLE Scotland is a learning disability charity in Scotland, it is run by its members and supports people with learning disabilities and their families, to live, work and take part in their communities.
ENABLE Scotland, campaigns and lobbies with and on behalf of its members. ENABLE Scotland ACE groups are located throughout Scotland, they were set up in 1993, to help people with learning disabilities, challenge discrimination and inequality and ensure people with learning disabilities, are regarded as equal members of society, with equal access to community facilities and services.
Elgin ACE supports between 12 and 15 individuals. The group aims to encourage self-advocacy and equip group members with the skills, to enable them to speak up for themselves. Group members are encouraged to discuss and work towards resolving any issues they may have.
Elgin ACE also aims to -
• Help group members identify opportunities to become involved in the community and overcome any barriers to involvement.
• Encourage organisations to use the group for consultations and support the group to take part in local and national consultations.
• Educate local communities about the needs, wishes and desires of people with learning disabilities.
Elgin ACE encourages and support participation of service users on a variety of forum’s and decision making bodies -
• Individual group members are given the opportunity to connect with ENABLE Scotland’s National ACE Committee, the Inverurie ACE Committee and the Inverness ACE Committee.
• Members if they wish, can attend a variety of the following forum’s/boards; The Moray Disability Forum, The Moray Equality Forum and Moray Learning Disability Partnership Board.
Elgin ACE has a proven track record and has linked with –
• Local MP’s, MSP’s and Councillors.
• The Scottish Government
• Heads of services
• Stagecoach and Scotrail
• The local police force and the Transport Police
• Local Schools
Area Covered: Moray
Tuesday evening 7.00pm-8.30pm, once a month at Cedarwood Day Centre
Scottish Charity No.: SCO21271
Contacts & Addresses
Elgin ACE Coordinator: Cathy Coverly
Mob: 07889 456093
ENABLE Scotland Head Office
146 Argyle Street
GLASGOW G2 8BL
Tel: 0141 226 4541